I have a bit of a sweet tooth. So, to help my snacking habits, we made some homemade granola. It’s not fruit, but its a step in the right direction! I found a recipe for Pumpkin Pie Granola on Pinterest.
Pumpkin Pie Granola from Dashing Dish
- 4 c. Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 c. Pumpkin
- 1/2 c. Applesauce (unsweetened)
- 3 tbsp Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- Optional: 1/2 c. white chocolate chips, 1 c. honey teddy grahams lightly crushed
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or foil and spray with non-stic cooking spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, and the way ingredients in another.
- Mix the wet ingredients to the dry using a spatula until everything is well combined and oats are coated with wet ingredients.
- Place granola on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, then stir granola around.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the granola is golden brown and is crisp.
- Take granola out of the oven, and let it cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Stir in additional white chocolate chips and/or teddy grahams.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
It was delicious! A great after lunch snack to take to work! I highly suggest it for a fall treat!