We tried a new recipe tonight! Only 19 more to go to complete number 50 on our 101 list!
I have a ton of recipes pinned on Pintrest and tonight we tried the Cheesy Zucchini Rice from Karly at BunsInMyOven.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium or 2 small zucchini, grated (I used my food processor but a cheese grater would work well, too)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- splash of milk, as needed
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the rice and stir to coat. Toast the rice, stirring often, just until it starts to turn golden.
- Pour in the chicken broth, bring to a boil, turn heat to low, and cover.
- Cook, covered, for 15 – 20 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter, grated zucchini, cheddar, and garlic powder. Stir until well incorporated. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir again and add salt and pepper to taste and a splash of milk if you’d like to thin out the texture a little bit.
It was pretty good! The texture weirded me out a little but over all, tasted great!
Have you tried any new recipes lately? What should we try next?